Data ingestion from classic SAP BW
Already migrated to BW/4HANA? Continue to Data ingestion from SAP BW/4HANA.
- Virtual data model (no data persistency)
- full data load only (or very limited support for delta loading in specific cases)
- Data objects are persisted on disk
- full + delta load of data
Recommended data ingestion strategy
- keeping DSO → Info Cubes business logic (no reengineering needed for those objects)
- copying data 1:1 from Info Cubes and possibly also from DSO
- both full and delta loading support
- help you avoid performance bottlenecks typically caused by virtual objects (Multi Providers, BEx Queries)
- Delta/incremental updates from Info Cubes may not always work (needs testing case by case)
- Business logic in BEx queries - must be rebuilt in Databricks or moved to InfoCubes/DSO objects to prevent logic duplication
- Reengineering will be needed if/after BW is migrated to BW/4HANA
- Master Data always requires a full load
Feel free to contact us so we can help you select the best tool for your use-cases.