SAP BW Migration Questionnaire
BW is costly
New use-cases that require integration of SAP and non-SAP data. Can you provide us with some examples?
Performance issues with BW
Need the ability to use modern analytical tools like PowerBI/Tableau and python
… anything else?
- Already using Azure/AWS/GCP?
- Already using Databricks?
- Already ingested some SAP data into Databricks?
- Are any SAP-related hard deadlines coming soon? SAP license needs to be extended, hardware SAP hardware is coming out of support, …?
- Are you using ECC or S/4HANA?
- How many instances do you have? (example: 2x ECC, 1x S/4HANA). Do you need all of them to be extracted into BW?
- Where does your SAP ERP infrastructure run?
- cloud-premise (SAP infrastructure running in the cloud)
- SAP RISE
- Any other SAP and non-SAP data sources that need to be ingested in BW?
Your SAP BW
- Are you using BW classic, BW on HANA or BW/4HANA?
- How many instances of BW do you have?
- How old is it approximately in years?
- How much data do you have stored in your SAP BW (in GBs, approximately)?
- How many SAP-named users access your SAP BW (approximately)?
- Which reporting tool do you you? SAP BO, SAP Lumira, SAP Analytics Cloud
- How many reports/dashboards do you currently have approximately in SAP tools?
- Do you already use PowerBI or Tableau in your company?
- How much content do you have in PowerBI/Tableau compared to your SAP reporting tool? Is it more like 10:90 or 50:50?
- What type of use-cases do you have in PowerBI/Tableau?
- Do you need some of your reports to be updated in real-time?
- Start building new use-cases and migrate existing content along the way?
- Would you like to migrate all historical data from BW to Databricks as well? Do you have any idea how much historical data you have?
- Databricks vs. BW/4HANA?
- migrate everything to Databricks
- migrate some modules to Databricks, some to BW/4HANA?
- Do you need any data to be ingested in real-time?
- Any security requirements?
- Is the usage of cloud private networking/private endpoints required for data transfers (increases costs significantly)?
- Anything else?